Amy

8:11 AM

Crazy mornings

I started texting my husband this morning, he was out of town last night,  about our crazy morning this is what it said... running late even though I woke up early, one spanking, rain, quick breakfast on the go, one kid fell down and got pants wet, one asking mom what if the big kids make fun of me for having a sippy cup and my response was well if they make fun of you they're not being very Christ like, hearing we miss daddy, and ending with one big hug by both boys and two wet kisses and that is how my beautiful morning started... I then text him again and said that last part was not sarcasm, as I was typing all the things that made my morning bad and then I got to the hug and kisses I realized that's what I've prayed about all these years, dreamt about before having Derek, was to have moments like these bad or good that end with a hug, a kiss and an I love you mom. Isn't it crazy that we pay more attention to the bad then we do the good? As I think about my day and the bad stood out to me first I then thank God that I'm not the mom waking up to decide how to bury my child or my husband or dealing with cancer or like we were just a couple of years ago trying to figure out where we were going to go because we lost our house.

No matter what you're going through, just remember even if you think God's not there, if you just flipped the light switch he's standing right beside you in the darkest of darks, he is holding out his hand for you to reach for him, all you have to do is call out for him.

0 comments: